S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math). JSS is a hands on S.T.E.M activity for students to learn and have fun using Solar Energy. Junior Solar Sprint - Solar Made is the only USA manufacturer (Colorado Springs, CO). The JSS is a fun hands-on educational program for middle school students to design and construct a solar-powered model car. This nationwide competition was implemented to improve student's knowledge of science, engineering and renewable energy concepts. 100% Made in USA.
This kit includes the required solar panel & motor. The rest is up to the imagination of the student!
- Solar Panel (Official JSS Panel - original specs 3 volts @ 3 watts, 4 1/2 x 13 inch, thick Flat Wire 4" leads).
- Official Solar Motor with 6 - inch Red/Black Wires (with stripped ends)
- Motor mounting bracket with screws
- Gears for motor shaft (3 sizes).
- NEW: 2 alligator clips - easily connects the solar panel wires and motor wires together (NO Soldering).
Check out the Junior Solar Sprint website for official rules, regional competitions, tips on building your solar car, and much more.
NREL Model Car Competitions
Model Car Building Guide
Other websites to visit:
Florida Solar Energy Center-Junior Solar Sprint
or to order call SolarMade 800-246-7012.
In stock for immediate delivery.
Please allow up to 2 weeks Production Time for quantity orders over 20