The most compact foldable solar charger in PowerFilm’s line of chargers built for versatility and flexibility in application.
The 5W foldable solar charger provides you with the perfect starting point for solar charging small electronic devices directly using the DC power or by utilizing one of many available accessories. Unlike "CIGS" solar technology, there is no need for "sun-soaking" the panel for optimum performance after periods of storage - so PowerFilm solar provides critical power immediately.
How the charger works:
- Place the charger solar-side up in the sun.
- Connect your device to the charger using a male 12V car charger adapter and the included female 12V car charger adapter .
- Optionally, the charger can be connected directly to a 12V battery for battery charging and power storage.
- Note - unlike the USB+AA and AA solar chargers there is no storage mechanism, meaning the charger will only produce DC power while in the sun.
What's in the package?
- One (1) 5W foldable solar charger
- One (1) 12V female car charger adapter
Best uses and suggested accessories:
- 12V battery charging
- Remote power - small scale HAM radio, Cellphone / Smartphone, MP3 players, GPS units
- Camp lighting
- Battery charging
- RA1 - 12V male car charger adapter
- RA3 - battery charging unit
- RA8 - 15' extension cord with alligator clip connectors
- RA14 - 12V USB conversion plug
- Operating Voltage: 15.4V
- Power: 5W
- Current: 0.3A
- Folded: 3.3" x 10.5" x 1.5" (84mm x 267mm x 38mm)
- Unfolded: 24.4" x 10.5" (620mm x 267mm)
- Weight: 0.45 lbs (0.20 kg)
Operating Voltage and Current are typical values when tested under load at AM 1.5 lighting conditions. Power performance may vary due to temperature, light spectrum and other effects (minimum 90% rated when new).