Please allow 2-3 weeks production time. Longer lead times for larger orders.
Product ID: JSS-KIT-DELUXE
Junior Solar Sprint is a hands on STEM educational program for students to design and construct a solar-powered model car. This nationwide competition was implemented to improve student's knowledge of science, engineering and renewable energy concepts. 100% Made in USA.
- Official JSS Solar Panel (4" Flat Wire Leads)
- Official JSS 260 Solar Motor (6" Stripped Wire Leads)
- Motor Mounting Bracket w/ Screws
- (3) Motor Shaft Gears
- (2) Alligator Clips
- (2) Axle Shafts
- (4) 1" Wheels w/ Tires
- (1) 48 Tooth Spur Gear
- (1) 56 Tooth Spur Gear
- (1) 64 Tooth Spur Gear
- The rest is up to the imagination of the student!
- Electrical: 3 Volts, 1+ Amp = 3+ Watts
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 13"
- 4" Flat Wire Leads
- Operates at 1/2V to 3V
- 300mA start-up (runs at 80mA with no load).
- Low torque - 0.97 mN*m @ 3.0V
- High RPM's - 5470 r/min @ 3.0V
- 2mm shaft diameter
- Size 1" dia x 1 1/2" long
- 6" lead wires.
Solar Made JSS panels are constructed from high quality monocrystalline silicon solar cells and operate at 3 Volts, 1+ Amp to produce slightly greater than 3 Watts.
Each individual solar cell on the panel measures 52x100mm. The six cells per panel are arranged in a series circuit to increase the ~0.5V of each cell to the 3V necessary to meet the JSS Competition Specifications. Average efficiency of these cells is appx. 16-19%
More information including spectral and intensity response graphs, series/parallel circuits, and an average solar irradiance map are also available here: Intro to Solar Energy
Check out our Junior Solar Sprint Information page for instructions, tips on building your solar car, regional competitions, and much more!